Consumer Resources - Domnick & Shevin
Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach and South Florida
Domnick & Shevin seek to provide beneficial information to consumers, businesses and fellow attorneys. Here are helpful links—sources of various consumer, business, government, legal, automotive, personal injury and medical malpractice. The links are categorized by:
While we cannot guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of content provided by these websites, they are sites that we found to provide quality information. If there is further information you seek that you are unable to find, feel free to contact our law firm, located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
CATASTROPHIC / TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
Brain Injury Association of Florida
- Brain injury resource ad support center.
Brain Injury Association USA
- Increasing access to quality health care and raising awareness and understanding of brain injury.
Brain Injury Resource Foundation
Florida Institute for Neurologic Rehabilitation
- Comprehensive brain injury continuum of care offering specialized inpatient evaluation and treatment for both children and adults.
National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research
- Provides leadership and support for a comprehensive program of research related to the rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities.
North American Brain Injury Society
- An organization moving brain injury science into practice.
Traumatic Brain Injury Center
Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Guide
- Delivers medical treatment therapuetic rehabilitation and disease management services.
A Patient's Guide to a Hospital Stay
- Anatomy of the human body.
Center for Medical Consumers
- Published articles and studies of practice.
Emergency Care Research Institute (ECRI)
- Repository of medical device incident and hazard information.
FDOH Health Care Provider Information
FDOH Practitioner Profile Information
Florida Department of Financial Services/Office of Insurance Regulation
Food and Drug Administration
- Protecting and promoting your health.
- Search engine designed for medical searches.
- Professional medical content.
- Health care manuals for medical professionals and consumers.
NIH & Department of Heath & Human Services - Medline Plus/Medical Dictionary
- Medical malpractice news.
Understanding Prescription Drug Costs
United States Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- Protects health of all Americans.
- Prescription drug information.
NURSING HOME ABUSE
Agency for Healthcare Administration
- Administration of the medicaid program.
- Provides information on the latest Alzheimer care strategies, research findings, and advocacy initiatives.
American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
Assisted Living in Florida
Department of Health & Human Services - Administration on Aging (AOA)
Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA)
- Responsible for the medicaid program.
Florida Abuse Hotline
Florida Department of Elder Affairs
- Primary state agency administering human services programs to benefit Florida's elders.
Florida Health Care Association
- Largest advocacy organization for long term care providers and the elderly they serve.
Florida’s Long-Term Care - Ombudsman Program
- Volunteers for long-term care.
Medicare.gov - Nursing Home Compare
- Find and compare nursing homes.
Nursing Home Care in Florida
AUTOMOTIVE / DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS GROUPS
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
American Trucking Association
- Serves and represents the interests of the trucking industry.
Advocates for Highway & Auto Safety
- An alliance of consumer, health, and safety groups, and insurance companies and agents working together to make America's roads safer.
Bridgestone/Firestone MDL Information
Citizens for Reliable and Safety Highways (CRASH)
- Dedicated to reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by truck-related crashes.
Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
Florida Department of Transportation
- Delivers a transportation system that is fatality and congestion free.
Impact and Crashworthiness Laboratory
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Dedicated to reducing the losses from crashes on the nation's highways.
Kids in Danger
- Promotes development of safer products, advocates for children, and educates the public about dangerous children's products.
Public Health Advocacy Institute - Motor Vehicle Hazards Archives
National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA)
- Represents all automobile dealers.
Parents Against Tired Truckers (PATT)
Dedicated to reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by truck-related crashes, providing compassionate support to truck crash survivors and families of truck crash victims, and educating the public, policy-makers and media about truck safety issues.
Public Citizen Stopping Rollovers
- Represents consumer interests.
- Articles and discussions regarding harmful consumer products, medical malpractice, environmental hazards, work place injuries,hazardous practices, and all modes of transportation.
SUV Safety Hazards
- Ensures all citizens are represented in the halls of power.
The Center for Auto Safety
AUTOMOTIVE / DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS GOVERNMENT
- Ensuring the safety of our nation's motor coach passengers.
Bureau of Transportation Statistics
BTS brings a greater degree of coordination, comparability, and quality standards to transportation data, and facilitates in the closing of important data gaps.
Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles
- Provides highway safety and security through excellence inservice, education, and enforcement.
DOT - TEA-21 Reauthorization
Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- Saves lives, prevents injuries, and reduces traffic related health care and other economic costs.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Reduces crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks and buses.
Florida Attorney General’s Office
FMCSA - Analysis and Information
- Collection of analytical reports on motor carrier safety.
FMCSA - Safety and Fitness Electronic Records System (SAFER)
Federal Highway Administration
- Improve mobility on the nation's highways.
Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Promote safety and strengthen domestic security.
Florida Department of Transportation (Florida D.O.T)
Florida Highway Patrol
- Promote a safe and secure Florida.
Florida Traffic Crash Facts
- Recurring and periodic reports.
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
National Center for Statistics and Analysis
- Carry out safety programs previously administered by the National Highway Safety Bureau.
NHTSA Request for Comments on Roof Crush Standards October 2001
National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- Dedicated to child passenger safety.
Stop Impaired Driving
- Works to save lives and reduce traffic-related health care and economic costs cause by impaired driving.
United States Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Protects the public from risks of injury or death from products.
U.S. D.O.T - Summary of Large Truck crashes in Florida (1999-2003)
PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ORGANIZATIONS
American Association for Justice
- Promote a fair and effective justice system.
American Bar Association
- To serve equally our members, our profession, and the public by defending liberty and delivering justice as the national representative of the legal profession.
Florida Justice Association
- Dedicated to strengthening and upholding Florida's civil justice system and protecting the rights of Florida's citizens and consumers.
Palm Beach County Bar Association
Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Provides civil trial lawyers with the tools and resources needed to improve and enhance their practice areas.
The Florida Bar
Alliance for Justice
- Dedicated to advancing justice and democracy.
Consumer Federation of America
- Advance the consumer interest through research, advocacy, and education.
National Safety Council
- Saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads through leadership, research, education, and advocacy.
- Advocates for a healthier and more equitable world by making government work for the people and by defending democracy from corporate greed.
- Devoted to encouraging civic participation.
Florida Department of Financial Services
- Working to protect your hard-earned money.
Florida State Courts
- Protect rights and liberties, uphold and interpret the law, and provide for the peaceful resolution of disputes.
Myflorida.com - Legal
United States House of Representatives
United States Senate
Write Your Representative
- Identifies your congressperson in the United States House of Representatives and provides contact information.
Write Your Senator
A Thin Line
- Facts and stories on bullying as well as advice on how to handle it.
Bullying and Cyberbullying
Circle of Respect
- Promotes respect as a way to manage conflict and prevent criminal behavior.
Department of Education
- Promotes student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.
- Spreading the word and reducing and ending bullying.
Find Youth Info
- Provides information from various government agencies on how to prevent bullying.
How To Handle Bullying
- Help your child handle a school bully.
National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC)
- Produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies.
National Education Association
- Advocate for education professional and to fulfill the promise of public education.
Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights (PACER)
- Expand opportunities and enhance quality of life of those with disabilities.
Stop Bullying Now - Facebook
- Largest online safety education and help group in the world.
Palm Beach Gardens Personal Injury Litigation Law Firm focusing on Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse and Product Liability throughout the state of Florida within Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Martin Counties including Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, Boca Raton, Lake Worth, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, and the Treasure Coast.